Do you have an idea what is inside your air duct systems? Over years and years, there is a lot of gunk that can accumulate inside your HVAC system, making it dangerous or hazardous to your health. In this blog from Vicks Air Duct Cleaning, we explain what is in your air duct system.
- It is the most visible thing that builds up in your air duct system over time.
- It also consists of countless small particles, such as dead skin cells, pollen, minerals, dander, and tiny fibers.
- Always pout in mind that excessive dust causes your HVAC units to run less efficiently, and it has a big possibility that it can cause problems with your lungs.
- Have you checked or examined your crawlspace or attic recently? Do you know that pests, such as mice, bugs, or even small snakes can wriggle their way into your ducts through small holes or cracks in the joints between pieces of ductwork, especially in older structures? Pests can also get in through your vents.
- No matter how good quality your air filter is, indoor and outdoor allergens are bound to get into your air duct systems at some point.
- If you have pets inside your place, pet dander collects in your ductwork and around your vents. Pollen from the outside gets inside through open doors and windows, and it may come in on your clothing.
4) Mold and Microorganisms
- Mold, bacteria, fungi, and viruses can grow inside your air duct systems over the years. The higher the humidity level in your home allows water vapor to cling to dust, dander, and allergens. Humidity and water buildup, along with the dark interior of your air duct systems, offer the perfect growing habitat for mold.
- Mold is hazardous to humans, particularly when it’s inhaled.
Schedule An Expert For The Inspection and Maintenance
If you think there are dust, pests, molds, and allergens inside your ductwork, duct cleaning specialists like Vicks Air Duct Cleaning can help you with your worries as soon as possible. Don’t worry! Vicks Air Duct Cleaning can vacuum out all of the dust and any other dirt and contaminants inside your systems in just a few hours. We can provide you top-quality air duct cleaning services, dryer vent cleaning, and commercial duct cleaning at very affordable costs. Keep your environment clean and healthy with our experts today!